RVO 2 Development Update - Jan 22

Rogue Vertex Online

Re: Development Update - Jan 22

Postby Ellume » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Interesting. A lot of this stuff I really can't say much about without testing.

But please not "warrior" xD It makes me think of fantasy warrior. Maybe Enforcer?
Ellume
Walrussian

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Enforcer would work too. I just don't want another class name that starts with an A or a D (as those are taken).
Brian
Developer

Postby Brian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Not too much to report this week. Justin is working on the map art/design and I look forward to showing that off. I took a break after a 2-3 week marathon coding session, and I'm about ready to get back into it and polish up as much as I can without having any art.

We met to discuss combat mini-games and decided not to rush anything. We're constantly evaluating our plan for mini-games, as we don't want them to be too hard, too easy, too long, too repetitive, or too boring :p

Paul is working on music, and sent some samples over so that we could choose a direction. It's sounding good!
Brian
Developer

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am

I've been working on the pirate boss fight meta-game, as mentioned in the other thread.

You control your ship in a top-down 2D shooter like Rogue Vertex (our first game). Ship movement is complete, and I have the weapons firing. Collision detection and enemy attack patterns come before the boss AI coding.

I always wanted to re-write our first game, and here I am basically doing that. Maybe I'll take whatever I end up with and update the old Rogue Vertex app so that you can play the longer game with new graphics. Who knows...
Brian
Developer

Previous

Return to News